Wednesday 13 February 2013

Artefact 2


For my second artifact I decided to take a short clip from the film Back To The Future 2 and edit it. The clip contains product placement. The brand is Nike. Nike is shown in the clip by using both passive and active placement. Passive placement being the logo on the t-shirt the character is wearing and active placement is the trainer the clip is focused on displaying the famous Nike tick.
I then edited the clip to take out the Nike tick on the trainer removing the active product placement. This leaves me with two clips.
The next step is to get 10 participants to watch both clips individually. I will then interview them individually collecting thoughts.
Using these two clips from the film, I want to find out how AWARE people are of product placement and what they think is ACCEPTABLE to show on TV/film regarding product placement. In artifact one people overall stated they bought more products watching TV adverts. However I am testing to see if they are subconsciously unaware of noticing product placement in the first place.
The participants also will not know that I am doing an experiment on product placement before they watch the two clips. I will explain to the participants that the clip is part of a short film so there is no confusion. I will then ask them questions based on the clips they watched. To make the experiment fair I have to make sure the participants have not watched the film before. Half of the participants are over the age of fifty and the other half are below the age of twenty-five.  After watching the clips these questions will be asked the participants individually:



No comments:

Post a Comment