Tuesday 5 March 2013

Progress on External client

I have made five edits in total for the promo film for Pure Planners to see what works best. On Thursday I showed my second edit with the new play doh men however they didn't think it was well executed as the first edit. And so this week i have put the original play doh scenes into the new edit. I have made adjustments with tidying it up adding audio, speeding the interval framing up and producing more stop motion.
Stop motion is a current trend and the moment and so using this i feel has worked very well with the quirky style I wanted to produce.
Another criticism of my work is that I have too many styles going on with my film and the saying less is more may be key in the film. This is another reason why I have done multiple edits to remove the play doh men and also to use just stop  motion. The last edit with just the stop motion i think is too short and not as good as the other two edits.
Here are the extra edits. I have decided the two edits with the voice over are the best so far. I have contacted my client and he likes the one with the play doh. The third one is my least favourite

Favourite edit with play doh and voice over:

 






Edit without play doh with voice over:





Edit with just stop motion lines:





No comments:

Post a Comment